The Dark Mansion is a dungeon in the volcanoes. It is one of the few places in the far North that can be completed solo without a button or grapple.
|Dungeon General Information|
|Number Of Chests:||9|
|Minimum # Of Players:||1|
- 2 Civ_hospital (potions) chests on the level before you jump in the lava.
- 6 Mil_epic chests at the end of the dungeon
- 1 Special chest once complete
To even start the dungeon, you must first parkour across the broken bridge to the mansion. Once across you're free to loot the 2 Civ_hospital chests for potions you'll need. To enter the actual dungeon you must jump into the lava in the center, you will fall through into the volcano (passing through another layer of lava.) Chances are you will start bleeding from this, so be sure you've brought plenty of bandages.
 First Room
You will fall into a pool of water and be in the first puzzle. This room has 4 exits with pressure plates with signs above them. The signs read "T P I T O !", "E E H O E T", "H U T T E T", "T R A S H U" (East, North, West and South exits respectively.) The correct exit is south (The T R A S H U sign.) so don't bother with any of the other exits as they will most likely kill you. WARNING: 1 Pigman spawns upon stepping on the pressure plate to activate the door. (Be careful, for if the pigman/the babies step on the plate again, another will spawn, which could quickly snowball)
 Second Room
After passing through the exit from the first room, proceed to go down the hallway and before you step on the pressure plate, press the hidden button above and to the right, then hurry through and enter the next room as the pressure plate lets lava flow down. Guess what? It's maze time! The floor is littered with pressure plates much like the Grimdale sewers maze, they'll light up redstone lamps.Solution: hug the left wall, takes about 1 minute. Exit door is opposite the entrance.
 Third Room
After navigating the maze, you will come across a pair of iron doors that will open from the plates, step through and enter... another maze! Yep, there's another of these above the first one. Navigate through this one too. Solution: hug the right wall, will take around 2 minutes. Exit door is far down the left wall near the entrance door.
 Fourth Room
After exiting the second maze, you'll find a chamber with a mostly lava floor and a few lava falls. This is a parkour challenge that goes off in two directions. First, you must jump through the left course and step on a pressure plate. Then, you must jump back and take the path to the right, a door has opened from stepping on the plate so you can pass through. Even if you do fail the parkour puzzle you can get back up to try again using the parts of the floor that aren't lava.
 Fifth Room
Step on the plate you see after passing the fourth room, do not worry as this just closes the piston door. (Do not step on it if you've got friends behind you.) This room contains 1 chest, and 6 wooden pressure plates and a sign that reads "We demand sacrifice!" You should loot the chests for your goodies, then proceed to drop one item on each plate. Arrows work best for this. Once all the plates are pressed a piston door will open you can pass through.
After the fifth room, you'll walk through a very dark hallway with a ladder at the end of it. There's another plate just before you exit, this hides a lava trap. Pass the plate quickly as the trap opens up behind you and you'll be fine. If you're in a group, pass it one at a time! Near the top of the ladder will be a pressure plate to the outside, step on it.
 Travel Advisory/Warnings
- Entry requires falling through two layers of lava (one at the mansion, and the next in the lake) so bring enough bandages to stop bleeding.
- The first room is a sign crypto-puzzle of sorts. Choosing the wrong pressure plate will most likely kill you.
- Watch out for the many zombies that will knock you into the lava. Stay alert.
- If you are in need of health pots,best thing to do is to loot the chests here.
- The Pigmen spawns in front of the door, so just charge straight in and deal with the zombies in there.
- This dungeon is relatively easy to complete,the most difficult part is room 4,the parkour challenge.
- Like many far north locations you must climb a steep cliff to get their so make sure you bring a fair amount of food.