The Dark Mansion is a dungeon in the volcanoes. It is one of the few places in the far North that can be completed solo without a button or grapple.
|Dungeon General Information|
|Number Of Chests:||9|
|Minimum # Of Players:||1|
- 2 civ_hospital
- 6 mil_epic
- 1 Special Prize
 Video Walkthrough
- This video fully describes how to complete the dungeon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYIzPVkbljI
Entrance (Difficulty: 3/10)
- To even start the dungeon, you must first parkour across the broken bridge to the mansion. Once across you're free to loot the 2 Civ_hospital chests for potions.
- To enter the actual dungeon, you must jump down the center hole into the lava below. You will fall through into the volcano (passing through another layer of lava.) Chances are you will start bleeding from this, so be sure you've brought plenty of bandages.
- Make sure you jump into the lava as you will take much less damage than you will just walking into it and waiting to sink.
First Room (Difficulty: 4/10)
- You will fall into a pool of water in the first puzzle room. This room has 4 exits with pressure plates with signs above them. The signs read "T P I T O !", "E E H O E T", "H U T T E T", "T R A S H U" (East, North, West and South exits respectively.)
- The correct exit is south (The T R A S H U sign.) Don't bother with any of the other exits as they will splash you with weakness/damage potions.
- Warning: 1 Pigman spawns upon stepping on the pressure plate to activate the door. (Be careful, for if the pigman/the babies step on the plate again, another will spawn, which could quickly snowball.) The best way to pass the pigman is to throw one or two splashes to kill the baby pigmen, and to go to the left or right of the door instead of the middle. The middle has a block delay because it is a 3x3 door.
Second Room (Difficulty: 2/10)
- After passing through the exit from the first room, proceed down the hallway.
- Before you step on the pressure plate, press the hidden button above and to the right, then hurry through and enter the next room as the pressure plate lets lava flow down.
Third Room (Difficulty: 2/10)
- Enter the first of two mazes. The floor is littered with pressure plates much like the Grimdale sewers maze, they'll light up redstone lamps.
- After navigating the maze, you will come across a pair of iron doors that will open from the plates, step through and enter the second maze. Exit door is far down the left wall near the entrance door.
Fourth Room (Difficulty: 6/10)
- After exiting the second maze, you'll find a chamber with a mostly lava floor and a few lava falls. This is a parkour challenge that goes off in two directions.
- First, you must jump through the left course and step on a pressure plate. Then, you must jump back and take the path to the right. A door has opened from stepping on the plate, passing through it will take you to the loot room. If you fail the parkour puzzle you can get back up to try again using the parts of the floor that aren't lava.
Fifth Room - Loot Room (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Step on the plate you see after passing the fourth room, do not worry as this just closes the piston door. (Do not step on it if you've got friends behind you.)
- This room contains six mil_epic chests and one chest containing a unique prize, along with 6 wooden pressure plates and a sign that reads "We demand sacrifice!" You should loot the chests for your goodies, then proceed to drop one item on each plate. Arrows or rotten flesh are the best options for this.
- Once all the plates are pressed a piston door will open you can pass through.
Exit (Difficulty: 3/10)
- After the fifth room, you'll walk through a very dark hallway. At a corner lies a stone pressure plate--step on it but do not continue down the hallway. It opens a lava trap in front of you.
- To avoid falling into the lava, move exactly one block forward off the pressure plate and wait for the trap to go back to it's starting position. Then run across. Do this one at a time if you're in a group!
- Continue down the tunnel until you reach a ladder, climb it. There's another plate just before you exit, this hides another lava trap. Pass the plate quickly as the trap opens up behind you and you'll be fine. As with the last trap, if you're in a group, pass it one at a time!
- Exit through the piston door that has opened and enjoy your loot!
 Travel Advisory/Warnings
- Entry requires falling through two layers of lava (one at the mansion, and the next in the lake) so bring enough bandages to stop bleeding.
- The first room is a sign crypto-puzzle of sorts. Choosing the wrong pressure plate will most likely kill you.
- Watch out for the many zombies that will knock you into the lava. Stay alert.
- When your crossing the bridge to the mansion, you have to jump over 2 sections of lava, falling through one of them will get you stuck unless you have a grapple.
- If you are in need of health pots, best thing to do is to loot the chests here. You do not have to enter the dungeon to access them--just parkour across the bridge, loot the hospital chests, and parkour back.
- In the first room, the pigman spawns behind the door, so just charge straight in and deal with the baby pigmen in there.
- Like many far north locations you must climb a steep cliff to get there so make sure you bring a fair amount of food.
- The parkour in room 4 is tough! Stay away if you cannot parkour.
- In the parkour room, the pressure plate on the left side only opens the door on the right for a short amount of time. If you're alone, you'll have to get back to the start and across the right-side parkour very quickly to get there before the door closes.
- In room 1, the pigman can be dealt with with this following strategy: a. press the plate - b. wait for the door to open - c. after the pigman explodes and the door opens (almost the same instant) throw a grenade and sprint through. If you don't have a grenade use a splash pot and hope you got all of them as leaving one alive can mean death.