| Loot chest types and/or locations are currently unfinished.
Please help the page by providing any info you can.
Grimdale is among the largest cities in MineZ. The city contains a variety of buildings which offer diverse loot. Grimdale is a common place for freshly spawned players to visit to get low-level armor, food, and other items. Grimdale can be very dangerous due to zombies spawning and bandits that will regularly attack other players searching the city for loot.
Interestingly the tallest building that isn't the church or castle (it has a stone roof; take a look at the picture) can also be found in Frostbain, but it's colour scheme is different.
Prior to the zombie outbreak, Grimdale was the capital city.
|Zombie spawn rate:||Medium|
|Number of chests:||45|
|Number of buildings:||14|
- 8 civ_common chests in the Golden Gables Inn:
- 1 chest on the first floor east reading room.
- 1 chest on the first floor west reading room.
- 1 chest on the second floor east wing.
- 1 chest on the second floor west wing.
- 1 chest on the third floor east wing.
- 1 chest on the third floor west wing.
- 2 chests on the luxury suite.
- 1 on the balcony
- 1 on the second floor of the suite
- 4 chests in the courthouse:
- 1 mil_common chest between the archery targets.
- 3 mil_common chests upstairs.
- 1 civ_common chest below the gallows.
- 2 civ_common chests in the tall northern house next to the courthouse.
- 1 on the second floor
- 1 on the third floor
- 2 civ_store chests in the house facing the inn.
- 2 civ_store chests in the shop.
- 1 in the small room behind the counter
- 1 behind the table on the second floor
- 2 civ_tool chests in the northwestern manor (seems to have highest button spawn %)
- 1 civ_store chest in the shack next to the blacksmith.
- 2 civ_tool chests in the blacksmith.
- 1 on the first floor behind the stairway
- 1 on the second floor (very slow respawn)
- 1 civ_store chest in the house facing the southern well.
- 3 chests in the tall house in front of the church.
- 1 civ_tool on the first* floor.
- 1 civ_common on the second* floor balcony.
- 1 civ_tool on the top floor.
- 6 civ_common chests in the southwestern manor:
- 1 on the first floor.
- 3 on the second floor in the rooms.
- 2 on the third floor.
- 11 chests in the church:
- 1 civ_common chest in the main room.
- 4 civ_hospital chests on second floor.
- 6 chests in the basement.
- 4 civ_common
- 2 mil_common
* First and second refer to the accessible floors, since you take stairs up to get in.
 Travel Advisory/Warnings
- Many freshly spawned players will go here, making it very dangerous to travel here. The town is almost always populated. Most of the time, sadly, they are bandits and will kill you on sight. The healers are rare.
- Zombies, which are common here, may fall from buildings and attack, so watch your back!
- Grimdale's buildings usually have a few chests each, carrying basic loot. Food is especially abundant, making it the perfect place to gather supplies for heading north; a few minutes of looting can yield plenty of food and gear.
- The church of Grimdale is a great way to stock up on health potions, if you are alone here.
- The Thieves Guild, accessible via the old Grimdale Sewers needs a button to enter. The entrance is located in a water source, next to a cauldron.
- Although leather bandit teams can easily be breached, the lack of useable exits makes this area easily compromised by bandits and there is only a few decent hiding spots, making it hard to escape here if ambushed by bandits.
- The only way to the rooftops is a Weak Grapple, but it is not recommended: if other players shoot you off or you fall down accidentally, you will possibly die from the fall damage.
- It used to be possible to legitimately parkour onto the roofs of Grimdale by jumping from the Gallows block onto the fence, and from there onto the lower roof of the Inn. The builders stopped this by making the fence higher, now the only way up is if you donated for a grapple.
- Along with many other towns, the houses are marked with people who have donated in MineZ's early days, one notable person being the famous youtuber, Paulsoaresjr.
- There is a lore block in Grimdale, but has little to add to the Minez story line.