| Loot chest types and/or locations are currently unfinished.
Please help the page by providing any info you can.
Grimdale is among the largest cities in MineZ. The city contains a variety of buildings which offer diverse loot. Grimdale is a common place for freshly spawned players to visit to get low-level armor, food, and other items. Grimdale can be very dangerous due to zombies spawning and bandits that will regularly attack other players searching the city for loot.
Interestingly the tallest building that isn't the church or castle (it has a stone roof; take a look at the picture) can also be found in Frostbain, but it's colour scheme is different.
Prior to the zombie outbreak, Grimdale was the capital city.
|Zombie spawn rate:||Medium|
|Number of chests:||45|
|Number of buildings:||14|
 Renewable Resources
- 8 civ_common chests in the Golden Gables Inn:
- 1 chest in the first floor east reading room.
- 1 chest in the first floor west reading room.
- 1 chest on the second floor east wing.
- 1 chest on the second floor west wing.
- 1 chest on the third floor east wing.
- 1 chest on the third floor west wing.
- 2 chests in the luxury suite.
- 4 chests in the courthouse:
- 1 Mil_? chest between the archery targets.
- 3 Mil chests upstairs.
- 1 civ_common chest below the gallows.
- 2 civ_common chests in the tall northern house next to the courthouse.
- 2 civ_store chests in the house facing the inn.
- 2 civ_store chests in the shop.
- 2 civ_tool chests in the northwestern manor
- 1 civ_store chest in the shack next to the blacksmith.
- 2 civ_tool chests in the blacksmith.
- 1 civ_store chest in the southern house facing the southern well.
- 3 chests in the tall house in front of the church.
- 1 civ_tool on the 'first'* floor.
- 1 civ_common on the 'second'* floor balcony.
- 1 civ_tool on the top floor.
- 6 civ_common chests in the southwestern manor:
- 1 on the first floor.
- 3 on the second floor in the rooms.
- 2 on the third floor.
- 11 chests in the church:
- 1 civ_common chest in the main room.
- 4 civ_hospital chests on second floor.
- 6 civ_common chests in the basement.
* First and second refer to the accessible floors, since you take stairs up to get in.
 Travel Advisory/Warnings
- Many freshly spawned players will go here, making it very dangerous to travel here
- Zombies may fall from buildings and attack, so watch your back!
- Buildings inside Grimdale buildings usually have 1-2 chests each, carrying basic (but sometimes essential) loot. Food is especially abundant, making Grimdale the perfect place to gather supplies for heading north; a few minutes of looting can yield plenty of food and gear.
- The church of Grimdale is a great way to stock up on health potions, provided the town is not overpopulated. You should try to loot them before too many people come to town.
- The Thieves Guild, accessible via the old Grimdale Sewers needs a button to enter.
- Many Bandit clans have made base here, mostly in areas like the Church and Blacksmith area, watch out.
- Players often team up here. Make friends and perhaps gather a team for heading north.
- It is fairly easy (but not always) to escape from bandits. The exit of the Thieves Guild also serves as a good hiding place. You can find this by hopping into the left well at the entrance and into the hole. Climb a bit down the ladder and your nameplate will not be spotted. Many survivors have escaped from iron armored bandits this way.
- although leather bandit teams can easily be breached, the lack of useable exits makes this area easily compromised by bandits and there is only a few decent hiding spots, making it hard to escape here if ambushed by a few bandits.
- Players in chain or iron are mostly known as bandits, becarefull if you have planned to go to grimdale with chain/iron armor!
- If you have an alliance the inn makes a good base as long as none of you crew are bandits undercover!
- Players who have grapples may climb on the rooftops but must be careful not to be shot off by other players
- Grimdale is always (always!) packed with people. Most of the time, they are friendly and you can form a fairly large team with them, but there may be a few hostile players. You don't need to worry that much about other players attacking you, because all of the people here are newly spawned. Bandits with good gear rarely visit Grimdale.
- It used to be possible to legitimately parkour onto the roofs of Grimdale by jumping from the Gallows block onto the fence, and from there onto the lower roof of the Inn. The builders stopped this by making the fence higher, now the only way up is if you donated for a grapple.
- Along with many other towns, the houses are marked with people who have donated in MineZ's early days, one notable person being the famous youtuber, Paulsoaresjr.